Here at Chick-fil-A Long Beach Traffic Circle and 405 & Atlantic our goal is to provide our team members the foundation to pursue their dreams. We are all about creating moments of care for the community of Long Beach with a friendly smile, remarkable food, and meaningful relationships all at our pleasure.
The Shift Leader manages expectations to consistently provide remarkable experiences for each guest, all day, every day. This position focuses on the daily operation of the restaurant through effective leadership/management of staff positioning, hospitality, and cleanliness. This position works closely with the Managers and Directors to ensure operational goals are met and that our team members are equipped and led to be successful.
- Create a high-energy atmosphere for our team, modeling a sense of urgency without making our guests feel rushed.
- Lead by example, setting the standard for doing things the Chick-fil-A way.
- Ensure fellow Shift Leaders are set up for success by completing all required tasks and leaving no unresolved issues for the next shift.
- Complete post shift walk-through for cleanliness, stocking, and overall preparation for the following shift.
- Collaborate with other Shift Leaders on best practices and areas of opportunity to ensure business growth and smooth operation.
- Monitor product quality to ensure that guests receive the best product through each and every transaction.
- Optimize guest experiences by ensuring that speed and accuracy are held in high regard without rushing guests.
- Maintain a clean restaurant that is conducive to remarkable experiences.
- Ensure strategic placement of team members to ensure optimal guest experience at all times.
- Work with team members to properly steward restaurant equipment.
- Communicate equipment repair needs to Directors of Operations.
- Effectively manage productivity throughout each shift.
- Monitor and reduce waste through proactive coaching and by setting the example.
- Work closely with Managers, Directors and fellow leads to ensure purposeful communication and coaching of team members.
- Ensure each team member understands what is required of them and has the resources needed to accomplish what is required of them.
- Position team members correctly to execute restaurant goals.
- Coach and encourage team members in order to foster growth.
- Communicate daily with fellow shift leaders to convey any necessary information and ensure shift changes are executed seamlessly.
- o Ensure that table touch-ins are executed by our team every 15 minutes.
- o Check restrooms every 30 minutes and refresh after peak periods.
- o Check/maintain restaurant exterior every 60 minutes.
- Work 20+ hours a week
- Understand the expectation of Chick-fil-A customer service standards and operational excellence
- 1+ years of leadership experience
- Outgoing and fun
- Great attitude
- Hard working
- Demonstrate leadership attributes
- Positive attitude & role model
- Responsive to team’s needs
- Takes initiative
- Works to serve others
- Motivated to grow and to learn
- Great verbal communicator
- Desire for ongoing training/education
- Detailed & keenly observant
- Passion for procedural discipline
At Chick-fil-A, a Team Member role is more than just a job, it's an opportunity. In addition to working directly for an independent Operator, team members gain life experience that goes far beyond just serving a great product in a friendly environment. Chick-fil-A is a great opportunity for people of all ages and backgrounds, and no experience is necessary.
Work in a Chick-fil-A restaurant
A job at Chick-fil-A is more than just a job. It's a stepping-stone to a successful future in the world of business. Here are some of the great benefits of working at Chick-fil-A.
Along with a competitive paycheck, you will work in a nurturing environment where you will learn valuable business and people skills.
You probably have commitments to your family, friends, school or sports teams. We will try to arrange your work schedule around them.
All Chick-fil-A restaurants are closed on Sundays so you can have a day off to spend with family and friends.
Work Directly With A Chick-fil-A Operator
The Operator is an independent business person, responsible for the operation of the restaurant, who invests time in his or her employees, teaching them important business skills for the future.
It's a Great Place to Work
At Chick-fil-A, our Operators consider their team members to be more than just employees, they are a highly valued part of each Chick-fil-A restaurant. Our high retention rate is proof that team members really enjoy working at Chick-fil-A.
At Chick-fil-A, we believe everyone deserves an education. We offer Scholarships to eligible employees who qualify.
No Experience Is Necessary
We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic people who enjoy serving customers. We will teach you everything else you need to know.
Many of our restaurant owners began their careers with Chick-fil-A as high school team members. We are committed to providing the same opportunities to our team members. Come ready to learn and we will provide all the resources necessary for you to excel. Advancement opportunities are available to team members that exhibit leadership and interpersonal skills. Please consider visiting your local Chick-fil-A restaurant if you'd like to learn more about the team member experience.